Career Opportunities at Cranshaw
Cranshaw is a 100-person general contracting and construction management company founded in 1983. We are located in Newton Lower Falls, Massachusetts. We have completed over $1 Billion dollars of commercial, multi-family, retail, senior housing, hospitality, industrial and medical work in the past 10 years alone. Approximately 30-50% of our work comes from our parent company National Development and the remaining from other third party developers and institutional clients. Our diversity of project types, ability to work in a diverse array of project types and building methods, and experience in urban as well as suburban locations provide Cranshaw with a stable and steady pipeline.
Our experience working hand in hand with our development and institutional partners provides us with a unique insight into the processes and goals of ownership. Cranshaw’s expertise in pre-construction management and estimating also contribute to our growing success. We were listed as the 9th largest general contractor in Massachusetts by ENR, Engineering News-Record, in 2020.
The BIM/VDC Manager is primarily responsible for leading / directing MEPF BIM coordination processes and teams for projects of various building types, sizes, owners and locations. Additional essential responsibilities include: modeling when necessary and leveraging models for construction visualization, quantification and planning. The Manager will support both pursuit and project teams, lead/assist in the development and implementation of internal processes and standards. The manager will also lead internal training and learning efforts related to BIM and related technologies.
- Coordinating architectural and engineering teams from preconstruction into the construction phases through the implementation of BIM
- Provide assistance and support with Marketing and Business Development efforts.
- Continually develop personal VDC skills through local and web-enabled learning opportunities and/or company-supported conferences and training courses.
- Update, create, implement, and enforce office BIM standards.
- Maintain and improve on Revit content and template files.
- Set up initial projects for consistency.
- Maintaining the client’s(Owner/Architect) BIM Standards in conjunction with Cranshaws BIM standards. This will involve the maintaining and editing of the BIM Execution Plan to make sure all parties intent for the coordination efforts exceeded.
- Install, update BIM software as needed. Assist in maintenance of databases, libraries standards.
- Explore new potential technologies for use in Preconstruction and Construction.
- Set up and lead kick-off, coordination and sign-off meetings, modify BIM Execution Plans for each project, monitor adherence to established modeling protocols, discover, evaluate, lead resolution of and track conflicts and issues with the coordination team
- Collect and organize, create, convert and manipulate models for maximum utilization. Set up and integrate initial models for team use. Disseminate model set up information to estimating team. Create model content/elements that fall between modeling scopes as necessary for effective coordination. Ensure models comply with design criteria, contract requirements and applicable codes.
- Create BIM Schedule for specified project, making the schedule unique to the project as well as in line with the construction schedule.
- Develop standards for preliminary review of models while each of the following phases: Schematic Design, Developmental Design, and Construction Design.
- Review models for material information that is received by the design teams, to make sure all items will be in accordance with Cranshaw Constructions BIM standards.
- Develop and Maintain Assemble Views to utilize during the pre-construction efforts to assist with providing accurate quantity take offs.
- Provide direct BIM support for selected projects. Specific tasks might include (but not be limited to) quantity take offs, clash detection, visualization, staging and sequencing and milestone tracking.
- Review “Exhibit A” for all MEPF trades to understand scope of work, as well as to make sure all BIM/VDC process are in accordance with the company BIM standards.
- Collaborate with project teams to develop project goals, maximizing the value of digital design planning.
- Provide BIM-related training and assist with skill development for small groups, project teams, or individuals.
- Assist project teams with Project Management duties (such as providing submittals based on BIM Coordination Models).
- Construct and coordinated Virtual Mock-Ups for building envelope, room set up, ETC.
- Support field personnel through the pre-construction, construction and turn over / close processes.
- Visit Projects on an as needed bases for BIM Coordination process purposes as well as QAQC.
A Bachelor’s Degree and experience with Revit, Navisworks, Assemble Systems, BIM360 and Procore
Cranshaw Construction offers a wide range of insurance options, programs and benefits that let you and your family be healthy and plan for the future. Including:
- Comprehensive and affordable health, dental and vision plans
- Life insurance and LTD
- Flexible Spending Plan
- Employee wellness incentives
- Company-matched 401K
We want our team members to be happy and healthy, both personally and professionally. Our benefits take into consideration everything from career development to family matters and health & wellness.
Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Cranshaw Construction is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer.